The decompiler (original GMB post) is fully functional and converts executable files created in Game Maker 8 to a .gmk file.
An explanation given by the author as to the reasons behind the project is full of anti YoYo Games sentiment. “YoYoGames since they’ve been founded has done, nothing for GameMaker except mooch off of Mark, make a website and get more people to use it.”
The project is still active as the author states “I’m actually going to be using this information to fix the GM runner seeing as how YYG still neglects the Windows version”.
YoYo Games are expected to use a rewritten runner for Game Maker 9 using knowledge they have gained whilst working on runners for the PSP and iOS. A Game Maker 7 executable decompiler, which also decompiles games made in GM5.3a, 6, 6.1 and instant play versions, was created by a different author and still functions.
- [GameMaker Tutorial] How to setup a simple slot machine reward system
- [GameMaker Tutorial] Drawing custom health bars with sprite parts
- GameMaker Studio 2 Annouces official Mac version in newly released 2.1 milestone
- GameMaker Studio 2 adding C# region type syntax code folding soon
- Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!! firms up release date to September 13th