Following the release of SkyDiver II on iOS YoYo Games will shortly make available a ‘Base Line Spec’ detailing the requirements of Game Maker games for them to publish in the iTunes store and elsewhere.
In a wiki article Sandy provided an outline of the publishing process and revealed the revenue share model. We will have to wait until the Spec is released to see which features YoYo Games have been able to implement in the runners they have developed for different platforms. When complying with the Spec the conversion from the PC format will be able to be done “without too much work”.
Every game YoYo Games publish will be polished by an in-house production team consisting of developers, artists, musicians and games testers. YoYo have set themselves an ambitious target of publishing a game every working day and hope the move will encourage more professional developers.
Sandy also provided some clarification on the YoYo Game Store writing that it is “BOTH a portal to other sites (such as iTunes) AND a store where we will sell Windows and Mac versions of the games directly to end-users”.
- [Post of the Month] End of an Era: GameMaker 1.X Sunset coming at end of July 2018
- [Made In GameMaker] PurpleBit Surfing Cow by Heavy Sheep Games
- [Indie Interview] Heavy Sheep Games with Luiz Gustavo
- [Made in GameMaker] GameDevDan vs Life Launches on Steam
- [Made in GameMaker] Bounce Rescue by Bitecore Studios