YoYo Games have revealed the “Base Line Spec” to which games submitted to the YoYo Game Store must comply.
There is a comprehensive list of features supported and those which are unavailable for Game Maker games to be able to run on iOS.
A few quick points:
- Game Center support
- “No support for cameras, compass, retina, tilt, push notifications, in app purchase etc.; these will come, but not available just yet.”
- 3D support is not yet present
- Interestingly, “minimising script use will significantly improve performance.”
- Games must be made in Game Maker 8 or Game Maker for Mac (despite the unreleased Game Store allowing games made using GM6 and 7)
- YoYo Games splash screen shown before the game