YoYo Game Store Base Line Spec Revealed
November 5, 2010
YoYo Games have revealed the “Base Line Spec” to which games submitted to the YoYo Game Store must comply.
There is a comprehensive list of features supported and those which are unavailable for Game Maker games to be able to run on iOS.
A few quick points:
- Game Center support
- “No support for cameras, compass, retina, tilt, push notifications, in app purchase etc.; these will come, but not available just yet.”
- 3D support is not yet present
- Interestingly, “minimising script use will significantly improve performance.”
- Games must be made in Game Maker 8 or Game Maker for Mac (despite the unreleased Game Store allowing games made using GM6 and 7)
- YoYo Games splash screen shown before the game