Speaking at the App Development Conference in Dundee Russell Kay presented YoYo Games’ Game Maker software as an answer to the growing fragmentation of the mobile industry.
Russell said today that YoYo expect to release 9 iPhone/iPad and 2 PSP games before Christmas with Android support appearing early in 2011.
Writing on MobileGamesBlog.com conference attendee Arjan Olsder said that the game conversion process (from PC to mobile device) is “not a one click solution yet”. GMB wasn’t at the conference so can’t confirm whether or not the talk suggested this may be coming in the future and if so whether this would enable Game Maker users to pay to publish their games independently.
PocketGamer.biz reports that YoYo Games currently have 18 games being polished by their team of developers and artists prior to releasing them into mobile gaming App stores.
- GameMaker Studio 2 Winter Sale brings warm savings to developers
- [Giveaway] Deios 2 Steam Key Holiday Giveaway
- GameMakerBlog Levels up with new IndieDevHelp initiative
- [Indie Interview] uZombie made in GameMaker!
- [Giveaway] LetThemCome rewards GameMaker Community with chances to win free steam keys