- Why Game Maker for Mac matters – Uriel Griffin on why creating Game Maker for Mac was a worthwhile step for YoYo Games. Rather than focusing on the IDE Uriel writes about the emergence of Mac as a gaming platform ahead of the launch of the Mac App Store.
- Mrme picks up on the fact that the new Lite version of Game Maker 7 for Mac can’t create executables. He goes on to say the exclusion “will likely show up in GM9”. I think the comment is throwaway speculation but if the removal of the feature to create executables happens I imagine there will be a considerable bunch of unhappy Game Maker users.
- The results of a Game Maker game marketing survey undertaken at various community sites have been released and are visible in a slideshow. GameGeisha has made a nice post on the findings.
- [Post of the Month] End of an Era: GameMaker 1.X Sunset coming at end of July 2018
- [Made In GameMaker] PurpleBit Surfing Cow by Heavy Sheep Games
- [Indie Interview] Heavy Sheep Games with Luiz Gustavo
- [Made in GameMaker] GameDevDan vs Life Launches on Steam
- [Made in GameMaker] Bounce Rescue by Bitecore Studios