Another development in the “App Store” trademark case. Apple is to sue Amazon over their use of the “Appstore” name for their Android app marketplace (BBC)
In an interview with CasualGaming.biz GameSalad (easy iPhone game creation) founders contrast their product to Game Maker.
How would you say your pro version compares to another design tool such as Gamemaker (by YoYo Games) or even Unity?
Gamemaker’s business model goes completely against everything we’re about. If you want to put a game on the App Store using Gamemaker, you have to submit through YoYo, have your game be approved by YoYo (they pick and choose which titles to publish) and then do a 50/50 revenue share split with them. We enable users to build for iOS for free. In our pro version, we enable extra monetization features, such as iAds and promotional links. Professional members also receive priority technical support.
- [Post of the Month] End of an Era: GameMaker 1.X Sunset coming at end of July 2018
- [Made In GameMaker] PurpleBit Surfing Cow by Heavy Sheep Games
- [Indie Interview] Heavy Sheep Games with Luiz Gustavo
- [Made in GameMaker] GameDevDan vs Life Launches on Steam
- [Made in GameMaker] Bounce Rescue by Bitecore Studios