Another development in the “App Store” trademark case. Apple is to sue Amazon over their use of the “Appstore” name for their Android app marketplace (BBC)
In an interview with CasualGaming.biz GameSalad (easy iPhone game creation) founders contrast their product to Game Maker.
How would you say your pro version compares to another design tool such as Gamemaker (by YoYo Games) or even Unity?
Gamemaker’s business model goes completely against everything we’re about. If you want to put a game on the App Store using Gamemaker, you have to submit through YoYo, have your game be approved by YoYo (they pick and choose which titles to publish) and then do a 50/50 revenue share split with them. We enable users to build for iOS for free. In our pro version, we enable extra monetization features, such as iAds and promotional links. Professional members also receive priority technical support.
- [Made in GameMaker] Bounce Rescue by Bitecore Studios
- GameMakerBlog in Top Ten of Top Gaming Blogs to Follow in 2018
- GameMaker Studio 2 Winter Sale brings warm savings to developers
- [Giveaway] Deios 2 Steam Key Holiday Giveaway
- GameMakerBlog Levels up with new IndieDevHelp initiative