Dare to be Digital, who run a video games development competition, will be offering a Game Design & Game Maker course at their Dare Academy.
The course, at the University of Abertay in Dundee, will run for 8 weekends from 18th June and will be taught by Brian Lawson who worked at DMA with YoYo Games’ Mike and Russell (as well as the obligatory period at Realtime Worlds!).
The learning outcomes from the course outlined on the Dare Academy webpages suggests that the course will result in high quality games as they state that “you will have a game ready to publish to the Android market” and have “a chance to be spotted by YoYo Games and earn a publishing deal with the company”.
The cost is £399, more details available here.
- Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!! firms up release date to September 13th
- [Tutorial] HTML5 games and Cross-Site Scripting (XSS)
- Total War: WARHAMMER 2 Pre-Order Free DLC brings Winter to the Old World
- Feedspot puts GameMaker Blog in top 50 Game Development Blogs
- Albion Online: Calls out DDOS Criminals during Server Restart