A guide by Mark Overmars entitled Designing Successful iPhone and Android Games with GameMaker was added to YoYoGames.com when it was given its new design. The .pdf document outlines some criteria which make a game suitable for mobile play and explains how games should be implemented in Game Maker including using virtual on-screen keys and the limitations of what is supported. Also included is an invitation for committed developers to contact Mark for advice throughout the process of creating an iPhone and Android game using GameMaker (presumably this is YoYo Games Studios).
Liam Barden’s Ninjammin Beat-Jitsu is the next title to be published by YoYo Games. According to Liam YoYo Games have been working on porting the game since last year! The music based platformer, which took the second place prize in a YoYo Games competition in May last year, will be available on iPhone and iPad very soon. The New Zealand iTunes App Store page can be seen here. No word directly from YoYo Games on this release yet or on whether we will see the game on Android.
Visual Novels Now, a new website dedicated to the game genre, have interviewed MoaCube’s Tom Grochowiak. The interview covers MoaCube’s transition to a “full-time indie” studio and their upcoming game Cinders.
- Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!! firms up release date to September 13th
- [Tutorial] HTML5 games and Cross-Site Scripting (XSS)
- Total War: WARHAMMER 2 Pre-Order Free DLC brings Winter to the Old World
- Feedspot puts GameMaker Blog in top 50 Game Development Blogs
- Albion Online: Calls out DDOS Criminals during Server Restart