An exploit at the official YoYoGames.com forum means that any registered user can create a new forum section.
Opening the General Chat section of forums.yoyogames.com now reveals a number of unauthorised sub-forums. The creator of these sub-forums is not apparent but with themes including “Decompiled Games”, “Pornography” and “Ads” a mischievous forum member has been having fun at YoYo Games’ expense. A number of top-level forum sections have also been created for topics relating to “Personal Problems”, Minecraft, religious debate and “YoYoGames Security Holes”.
After seeing that rogue forums had been created it took me just seconds to find myself at the following screen.
Given the simplicity of doing so and the behaviour of many YoYoGames forum members it is quite surprising that this exploit remained hidden for so many years.
The existence of these unofficial sub-forums has been acknowledged by forum moderators in a pinned topic but incredibly they are yet to be removed.
Posting on Twitter last night YoYo Games’ Andrew McCluskey wrote of the forum “It was a little playbox for a bunch of kids before. Now it’s a bunch of kids exploiting a massive glitch and killing it”.
- GameMaker Studio 2 adding C# region type syntax code folding soon
- Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!! firms up release date to September 13th
- [Tutorial] HTML5 games and Cross-Site Scripting (XSS)
- Total War: WARHAMMER 2 Pre-Order Free DLC brings Winter to the Old World
- Feedspot puts GameMaker Blog in top 50 Game Development Blogs