Game Maker Obfuscator – Now Supports Sprite Obfuscation

on October 2, 2011 - 4365 Views

GameMaker Sprite ObfuscationSchreib has updated the Game Maker Obfuscator so that it supports version 8.1 of GameMaker.

One of the new included features is sprite obfuscation whereby sprites are only constructed when the game starts running.

The Game Maker Obfuscator can be downloaded from the GMC.

7 Responses to Game Maker Obfuscator – Now Supports Sprite Obfuscation

1. Loaf says:

Rex :Hey, if someone wants my sprites bad enough to laboriously reconstruct them from a series of print-screens, I’d say they earned them. But it takes a lot of work to do it that way, especially if they want to get all the animation frames too.

Exactly. Its not just the visuals, its the series of images that builds animation in a sprite that would be a massive bitch with print screen. Especially having to remove the background and isolate the sprite; you’d lose any transparency on sprites too.

2. Sabriath says:

Yeah, because keyboards don’t have a printscreen button at the very least. lol

• Rex says:

3. Rex says:

Neat. Too bad it requires Java though. Oh well, its still nice to know its out there if I need it. Also, I wonder if it causes any performance hit to games that use it.

4. Zach says:

Nice, the sprite obfuscation seems a little over the top, but interesting none the less.

5. Game Maker Obfuscator — Now Supports Sprite Obfuscation http://t.co/lEcCLWLp

6. Caniac says:

Wow, that’s pretty slick!