Looking at gmlscripts.com following a suggestion from Leif902 brought something back into my mind. Dissociation.
Dissociation: describes the disconnection or lack of connection between things usually associated with each other.
At the bottom of every page of the GMLScripts website there is a line which reads
GMLscripts.com is not affiliated with Mark Overmars, The Game Maker Company, or YoYo Games.
A single sentence which makes it clear that GML Scripts is not part of the same group as the above mentioned entities. I have seen similar sentences around the Internet for example on sites about AdSense dissociating themselves with Google and on unofficial sites devoted to certain topics.
When I was setting up this blog in April I considered adding a similar sentence to the footer of the site, but I didn’t. True adding it may help boost my search rankings by increasing the concentration of the words “Game Maker” on the site but I never got around to it.
Personally I don’t think I will add a dissociation statement on gamemakerblog unless some confusion arises or I get a letter from the incompetent people at YoYoGames (whoops, I probably will now). Of course I should backup my claim with evidence so here goes:
unbelievable unbelievably-none-existent customer support they have.
- Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!! firms up release date to September 13th
- [Tutorial] HTML5 games and Cross-Site Scripting (XSS)
- Total War: WARHAMMER 2 Pre-Order Free DLC brings Winter to the Old World
- Feedspot puts GameMaker Blog in top 50 Game Development Blogs
- Albion Online: Calls out DDOS Criminals during Server Restart