In a message on his blog Mark has reiterated the fact that YoYoGames is for all Game Maker made games and not just the best as the total number of games on the YoYo website exceeded 10,000. This responds to some criticism on the GMC where some people have come up with the crazy idea that only a select few high quality games should make it on to the site.
YoYoGames already has a rating system and reviews can be added to games so I really don’t see what the problem is with their open policy. YoYo is in effect a YouTube for Game Maker games, limiting submissions to a select few or imposing pre-moderation on all games uploaded would be counter-productive. Imagine a YouTube where you had to wait several days for a video to appear, and only a 100 select people could post video. It wouldn’t work.
No one is forcing you to play the low quality and incomplete games – the best games are much more likely to have high ratings or become featured anyway.
- [GameMaker Tutorial] How to setup a simple slot machine reward system
- [GameMaker Tutorial] Drawing custom health bars with sprite parts
- GameMaker Studio 2 Annouces official Mac version in newly released 2.1 milestone
- GameMaker Studio 2 adding C# region type syntax code folding soon
- Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!! firms up release date to September 13th