Writing on PascalGameDevelopment.com, savage, working for SumoDigital (the company working on porting GameMaker) has written
The games are not the things are being ported, but the IDE and engine are. The IDE creates the game files these are then fed into the engine. The same game files works on both Win32 and Mac OS X ( native Carbon apps ), and last weekend I got the engine and IDE working on Linux, all from the same code-base with 1 or 2 IFDEFs.
- [Post of the Month] End of an Era: GameMaker 1.X Sunset coming at end of July 2018
- [Made In GameMaker] PurpleBit Surfing Cow by Heavy Sheep Games
- [Indie Interview] Heavy Sheep Games with Luiz Gustavo
- [Made in GameMaker] GameDevDan vs Life Launches on Steam
- [Made in GameMaker] Bounce Rescue by Bitecore Studios