Three quick snippets of news from YoYo Games Ltd:
Sandy has quietly mentioned that YoYo plan to invest $5M into the Game Maker software and their website.
“we are planning to spend almost $5M on Game Maker and YoYo Games over the next 2 years. We’ve all been pretty successful in business so far, but not THAT successful to stump up another $5M…so we are selling a stake in YoYo Games to institutional investors. This will make NO major difference to the overall ownership and strategy of YoYo or Game Maker”
YoYo are also “seriously considering the option” of a Linux version. I hope that gets to release stage.
And GameMaker 8 will not come out this year.
- [Post of the Month] End of an Era: GameMaker 1.X Sunset coming at end of July 2018
- [Made In GameMaker] PurpleBit Surfing Cow by Heavy Sheep Games
- [Indie Interview] Heavy Sheep Games with Luiz Gustavo
- [Made in GameMaker] GameDevDan vs Life Launches on Steam
- [Made in GameMaker] Bounce Rescue by Bitecore Studios