Three quick snippets of news from YoYo Games Ltd:
Sandy has quietly mentioned that YoYo plan to invest $5M into the Game Maker software and their website.
“we are planning to spend almost $5M on Game Maker and YoYo Games over the next 2 years. We’ve all been pretty successful in business so far, but not THAT successful to stump up another $5M…so we are selling a stake in YoYo Games to institutional investors. This will make NO major difference to the overall ownership and strategy of YoYo or Game Maker”
YoYo are also “seriously considering the option” of a Linux version. I hope that gets to release stage.
And GameMaker 8 will not come out this year.
- GameMaker Studio 2 adding C# region type syntax code folding soon
- Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!! firms up release date to September 13th
- [Tutorial] HTML5 games and Cross-Site Scripting (XSS)
- Total War: WARHAMMER 2 Pre-Order Free DLC brings Winter to the Old World
- Feedspot puts GameMaker Blog in top 50 Game Development Blogs