You may or may not be aware of the “Official Game Maker Awards” in which Game Maker Community members vote for their favourite games and forum users of the year. This competition bizarrely started in April and appears to have been endorsed by the GMC administrators even though they having nothing to do with the running of the competition.
In an attempt to focus more on the wider-community surrounding GameMaker than just the GMC, forum members and games GameMaker Blog will be holding its own awards for the year 2008. We might even be able to come up with some tacky graphics for the winners to place in their GMC signatures!
The purpose of this competition is to showcase the best Game Maker resources that are helpful and useful to users of Game Maker. There is more to using Game Maker than just playing games!
Unless otherwise specified all categories can be entered by any website or service (including media) of which the main focus is Game Maker.
The five categories are:
- Best source of Game Maker tutorials and/or examples.
- Best periodical publication.
- Best reviews of Game Maker games.
- Best none-English Game Maker website.
- Most exciting launch of the year (calendar year 2008).
Nominations will take place up-to Monday December 15th, from when voting will commence. To make a nomination please clearly state your nomination and the category in a comment below.
- GameMakerBlog in Top Ten of Top Gaming Blogs to Follow in 2018
- GameMaker Studio 2 Winter Sale brings warm savings to developers
- [Giveaway] Deios 2 Steam Key Holiday Giveaway
- GameMakerBlog Levels up with new IndieDevHelp initiative
- [Indie Interview] uZombie made in GameMaker!