One of the founders of the currently under development game creation kit Stencyl has commented on the responses given by YoYo Games CEO Sandy Duncan in his recent interview with the GameMaker Tech magazine.
On his blog Jon from Stencyl highlights the vast differences between the commercial YoYo Games and their self-funded ‘hobby’.
“…while competition is an inevitable part of any business, let’s remind ourselves that we’re not out to “beat” Game Maker. We’re here to execute on our vision and make the best product for our target audience. That’s how a successful product is made, and if we’re to be competitive, it’s by doing that. It’s not done by staring at the competition, copying features or engaging in a war of words. I surely hope that this is the last time I have to do that!”
– Jon from Stencyl
As well as GameMaker Blog I also run a site about the Stencyl project.
- [Tutorial] HTML5 games and Cross-Site Scripting (XSS)
- Total War: WARHAMMER 2 Pre-Order Free DLC brings Winter to the Old World
- Feedspot puts GameMaker Blog in top 50 Game Development Blogs
- Albion Online: Calls out DDOS Criminals during Server Restart
- HumbleBundle for GameMaker: Studio 1.4