Spam via Personal Messages (PMs) has long been an irritant at the GMC as after creating an account there was previously no limit on the number of PMs a user could send. Hence usernames could be harvested en mass and messages touting the value of brand name trainer replicas, anatomy enlargement products and 3-member hastily created forums could quickly be sent to large numbers of forum members.
No longer! Chronic has announced that a flood control limit has been placed on sending PMs. “Currently the flood control is set to 1 minute, this may increase if needed.”
Whilst I have not received any PM spam recently I welcome this change.
- [Post of the Month] End of an Era: GameMaker 1.X Sunset coming at end of July 2018
- [Made In GameMaker] PurpleBit Surfing Cow by Heavy Sheep Games
- [Indie Interview] Heavy Sheep Games with Luiz Gustavo
- [Made in GameMaker] GameDevDan vs Life Launches on Steam
- [Made in GameMaker] Bounce Rescue by Bitecore Studios