Mark Overmars has revealed that YoYo Games received over 25 applications from people wanting to make free-to-use sprites for distribution with Game Maker 8. The spriters’ identities however have not been revealed as contracts have not yet been made with the successful applicants.
YoYo’s search now turns to sound effects that will be distributed in the next version of their free game creation software.
Game Maker 8 has a planned release of “during or after the summer”.
- [Indie Interview] Heavy Sheep Games with Luiz Gustavo
- [Made in GameMaker] GameDevDan vs Life Launches on Steam
- [Made in GameMaker] Bounce Rescue by Bitecore Studios
- GameMakerBlog in Top Ten of Top Gaming Blogs to Follow in 2018
- GameMaker Studio 2 Winter Sale brings warm savings to developers