The University of Utrecht (where Mark Overmars is a professor) is planning to hold a Creative Game Challenge for games made using versions 7 or 8 of Game Maker (version 8 should appear in Autumn 2009).
Intended for students in ‘Voortgezet onderwijs’ (age group 13 to 17/18) the theme of the competition will be ‘animals’ and prizes will be awarded for the most popular game chosen by the public and also by a Jury. Full details can be found on the Creative Game Challenge website in Dutch (English translation).
Workshops will be provided by Utrecht University for competing students and those who enter the competition will receive a free registration for the duration of the competition.
You can sign up for the competition from November 2009. We will let you know when entry opens.
Thanks to Simon Donkers for providing details of the competition.
- [Post of the Month] End of an Era: GameMaker 1.X Sunset coming at end of July 2018
- [Made In GameMaker] PurpleBit Surfing Cow by Heavy Sheep Games
- [Indie Interview] Heavy Sheep Games with Luiz Gustavo
- [Made in GameMaker] GameDevDan vs Life Launches on Steam
- [Made in GameMaker] Bounce Rescue by Bitecore Studios