Game Maker founder Mark Overmars and Sumo Digital’s Dr Jacob Habgood, co-authors of the successful Game Maker’s Apprentice, are to write a new book focusing on intermediate-level Game Maker programming.
Although I don’t have any up-to-date sales figures (if anyone has any please post them in the comments) their first book sold out its original print run of 5,000 copies within three months of its June 2006 launch. The book is currently ranked at about 12,000 on the Amazon.com best-sellers list.
Jacob is looking for suggestions from readers of the first book as to what should be included in the second. If you familiarised yourself with Game Maker before purchasing the book you should go to the GMC topic otherwise you should go to the Amazon discussion.
If you aren’t aware of the original book you can find it on Amazon.com: The Game Maker’s Apprentice: Game Development for Beginners ($26) and in the UK at the more expensive price of £22.
- Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!! firms up release date to September 13th
- [Tutorial] HTML5 games and Cross-Site Scripting (XSS)
- Total War: WARHAMMER 2 Pre-Order Free DLC brings Winter to the Old World
- Feedspot puts GameMaker Blog in top 50 Game Development Blogs
- Albion Online: Calls out DDOS Criminals during Server Restart