Sandy announced that the YoYo Games website performance will be improved with both software and hardware upgrades.
Plans are currently in place to have the sites two main servers upgraded later this week. It has been over a year since the first upgrades however these new changes will include a memory upgrade on both of the servers with the database server having its memory quadrupled. Sandy also plans to upgrade Rails from 1.1 to 2.3. This isn’t the first time YYG has upgraded from ancient versions of software. There are also plans to upgrade the YYG forum software if there is time.
Lastly, the final word about the removal of the Softwrap DRM that currently wraps Game Maker 7 has been posted. Sandy said that they will be adding a new payment and registration system to the website which will allow them to release GM 8 with no Softwrap:
Finally, we will add a new distribution and payment mechanism to the website that will allow us to launch Game Maker 8 WITHOUT Softwrap ….thought some of you would be pleased about that !!
- [Post of the Month] End of an Era: GameMaker 1.X Sunset coming at end of July 2018
- [Made In GameMaker] PurpleBit Surfing Cow by Heavy Sheep Games
- [Indie Interview] Heavy Sheep Games with Luiz Gustavo
- [Made in GameMaker] GameDevDan vs Life Launches on Steam
- [Made in GameMaker] Bounce Rescue by Bitecore Studios