Four students in their third year of a Digital Games degree at Blekinge Institute of Technology in Sweden have undertaken an ambitious task to create a game every two days in a four week period.
About ten mini-games have already been created including Two Minutes to Midnight, where your typing skills are put to the test detonating fireworks, and the fast paced Get Fame a maze-style avoidance game loosely modelled on the nobodies of reality TV.
Although not all the games are made using Game Maker the overwhelming majority so far have. One of the students, 20 year old Arman Borghem, told me “right now we’re making prototypes taking a couple of days to produce, but we’ll be making more advanced stuff in the future”.
You can download the games and follow their progress at welovegamedesign.org
- [Post of the Month] End of an Era: GameMaker 1.X Sunset coming at end of July 2018
- [Made In GameMaker] PurpleBit Surfing Cow by Heavy Sheep Games
- [Indie Interview] Heavy Sheep Games with Luiz Gustavo
- [Made in GameMaker] GameDevDan vs Life Launches on Steam
- [Made in GameMaker] Bounce Rescue by Bitecore Studios