One of the most popular file hosting services used by Game Maker Community members has today gone offline. WillHostForFood had been online for 2 and a half years and hosted over 200GB of content belonging to over 5,000 members.
To get an idea of the popularity of the site Google returns “about 79,000” results to a query for pages on the gmc.yoyogames.com domain containing the phrase “willhostforfood”.
The reason for the closure is the expense of hosting member files which consume 1.5Tb of data a month incurring costs of “$150” a month. By comparison the latest figures we have for YoYoGames.com are “upwards of 10TB a month“. The site was put up for sale a week ago with an asking price of $1000 but no buyers came forward.
- GameMaker Studio 2 Winter Sale brings warm savings to developers
- [Giveaway] Deios 2 Steam Key Holiday Giveaway
- GameMakerBlog Levels up with new IndieDevHelp initiative
- [Indie Interview] uZombie made in GameMaker!
- [Giveaway] LetThemCome rewards GameMaker Community with chances to win free steam keys