Earlier today GMLive broadcast their fifth Game Maker radio discussion.
The show started with a group session of Worms clone PinkTards by Mordi which, although fun, didn’t really make for great radio even if I enjoyed killing the presenters. I also question the wisdom of having such an event at the start of the show without first giving people a chance to download and get into the game.
Bendodge joined to discuss the Game Maker 8 logo with Josh and GMB’s NAL called in to defend the logo. After a break more calls were taken including discussing the alternatives and “evolutions” of the logo posted at GMC.
Next up was NAL and myself shamelessly plugging our 2009 Community Awards which currently is open for nominations. GMLive has been nominated several times for launch of the year.
The highest listener count I saw during the show was 18 and once again the show suffered technical problems with listeners reporting that some sections of the show broke up and were inaudible and Jono’s computer crashing. These really need to be sorted out for future shows as well as getting rid of talk between the hosts as to what is coming next and who is calling in, although to be fair they seem to be able to get people on the air efficiently now.
Full show archive (provided by GMLive.org):
- Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!! firms up release date to September 13th
- [Tutorial] HTML5 games and Cross-Site Scripting (XSS)
- Total War: WARHAMMER 2 Pre-Order Free DLC brings Winter to the Old World
- Feedspot puts GameMaker Blog in top 50 Game Development Blogs
- Albion Online: Calls out DDOS Criminals during Server Restart