Now that the forum is back online the reason for the downtime has been revealed – the servers php version was being upgraded from 4 to 5 ahead of an upgrade of the Invision Power Board (IPB) software used to run the forums.
Version 5 of php was first released July 2004 and IPB 3.0 was released in June this year.
IPB 2.3.x forum themes (“skins”) are incompatible with, and will require a rewrite to run on, versions higher than 3. That said the current GMC design is just a few modifications of a default skin. This would be a good opportunity to integrate whatever the final Game Maker 8 logo is into the design.
In other news the elite invite-only Game Maker Community eocommunity.co.uk has been offline for several days.
- [Post of the Month] End of an Era: GameMaker 1.X Sunset coming at end of July 2018
- [Made In GameMaker] PurpleBit Surfing Cow by Heavy Sheep Games
- [Indie Interview] Heavy Sheep Games with Luiz Gustavo
- [Made in GameMaker] GameDevDan vs Life Launches on Steam
- [Made in GameMaker] Bounce Rescue by Bitecore Studios