Dan Eggers’ Game Maker TV, which released its first video back in 2007, has cancelled work on producing future episodes of the online video show.
Earlier in the week their hosting account expired and now the cancellation has been made official – put down to “a loss of interest” by the shows creators Brad (Revel) and Danny. Refreshing to see they are honest about that.
“There were several deciding factors that caused this but mainly the reasoning was that creating these episodes was far too much time consuming work for a two man team consisting of Brad and myself. The chances of us picking up production vary depending on if we would ever be able to build up a bigger team. if interested you can PM me or Brad (Revel) so we can keep you in mind when/if we ever begin production again. The Game Maker community was very supportive of Game Maker TV and we thank you for that however, the Game Maker Community has been having a decrease in popularity in the past few years, this is not news to many but until we see an increase in community attendance we will not begin producing more episodes. Likely with the release of GM8 this increase will be seen, so we will determine our status there.”
- [Post of the Month] End of an Era: GameMaker 1.X Sunset coming at end of July 2018
- [Made In GameMaker] PurpleBit Surfing Cow by Heavy Sheep Games
- [Indie Interview] Heavy Sheep Games with Luiz Gustavo
- [Made in GameMaker] GameDevDan vs Life Launches on Steam
- [Made in GameMaker] Bounce Rescue by Bitecore Studios