GMTalk Game Maker Podcast – Episode 2

on February 28, 2010 - 10594 Views

Andrew McCluskey, Jack Brockley, Noel Berry and myself have recorded a second GMTalk Game Maker podcast episode.

In the 37 minute show we discuss the downfall of quality Game Maker media and experiences of collaborating in Game Maker team projects.  We also look back at the Game Maker entries in the recent GameJolt weekend Jam as well as taking a quick look at some other issues.

GMTalk

Mono version: [audio:http://gamemakerblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/GMTalk_2010_02_27.mp3] Direct Link (34MB)

Show Links

Most recent GMTech Issue
Most recent MarkUp Issue
Independent Developer magazine
GMWeekly
Overbyte magazine

The GMCG @ GMC
GMCG Wiki
Google Doc’s style online Game Maker IDE by James Rhodes (abandoned)
GameCog
Braingale Team
“The incredible Lil Vypa

Obligatory lack of Instant Play moan

The Book
Who is making money from Game Maker article

Official GameJolt Jam entry list
NAL‘s look at the Game Maker entries in the GameJolt Jam.
SohoPogoHo
Vatn Squid
Paper Dreams

GMC CageMatch on Hiatus
GMLive on Hiatus

Amusing YYG forum post
Game Maker Blog twitter

Music: Store and Save by Hardstroke
The first episode

22 Responses to GMTalk Game Maker Podcast – Episode 2

1. […] Dafear Previous shows: GMTalk 3, GMTalk 2, GMTalk […]

2. […] include of the interestingly named Bollox (which resulted in some amusement when mentioned in episode 2 of GMTalk…), Overboy’s Cosmosa, and NAL’s Ne Touchez Pas IV which I need to play more. […]

3. Great podcast, again enjoyable to listen to. Eh, only flaw I can offer for improvement is reducing the volume of the music at start/end a bit. Would have been perfect otherwise =)

Looking forward to the next one!

-Tv

4. Manyquestions says:

I just want to say: I can’t keep up with both the accent and the static at the same time. One or the other maybe, but both? Can you imagine the pressure on my poor little American ears? 😛

5. NessXX says:

A other amazing episode. 🙂

6. Frederick says:

That didn’t fix anything. I still don’t understand what he meant by “whereas, someone like you, not so much.”. I’ve started up several forums with over 4k members. Look at them! They are still growing ^^ Are you saying I’m not successful when I am?

Oh.. That’s right… We’re talking about the podcast. Sorry ^^

Can’t wait for 3.

7. Frederick: @LarsonCreativity At least I think I make sense… ^^

Fixed.

8. Frederick says:

@LarsonCreativity At least I make sense… ^^

9. Banov says:

Ahahaha, Lil Vypa’s music is awesome. Don’t be hating until you’ve heard it.

• Just thought I’d comment. What I said wasn’t hating, but I looked on his MySpace and his music consisted of (primarily) rap music. I didn’t listen to any of it but it just confused me how rap would fit into a video game, not least one with a retro style 😛

10. scoz says:

Haha, enjoyable again, although the sound quality seemed to dip quite a bit this time 😛 At least it’s not burdened by this pseudo professionalism that hampers so much of the GM media, if anything drazzke’s vatn squid interruption ADDED to the enjoyment I got from this haha.

11. Frederick says:

@Jack Brockley Yes, I did miss that one O_O

Yes Philip, we knew what it meant… But try to say what you mean next time ^^

• LarsonCreativity says:

I think they better stick with what they’re doing, because for some reason they’re successful (many people enjoy listening to them), whereas, someone like you, not so much.

Yes, I’m rude. 😉

12. I don’t sleep, so as long as I’m not working that day, that’d be fine with me.

13. Lil’ Vypa does games music, too. All of it can be heard on our GJ page for CK (acronym ): http://gamejolt.com/freeware/games/action/cowboykilla/1406/

Also! This was interesting. I think it’s the only one of these type of things I’ve ever actually enjoyed, haha. If I can, I’d like to make it for the next one.

14. Frederick says:

And “listen” in next time doesn’t?

15. Frederick says:

You said “tune in” to your next podcast… O_O How do you tune in to a podcast?

16. Frederick says: