GMIndie are working on an ambitious project to create a series of Game Maker eBooks – the first which will provide an introduction to the software scheduled for release in July 2010.
The idea for a comprehensive tutorial series reminds me of Carl Gustafsson’s Beginners Guide to Game Maker Programming, a long unofficial introduction to Game Maker, which I came across shortly after discovering the tool. The download links no longer work thanks to the demise of downloadcounter.com (actually can’t believe that the site has closed they didn’t even host files – just a tracking script!) but it was downloaded many tens of thousands of times in different formats and a HTML version can still be found here.
“First Steps starts the reader at the very beginning, from the moment they download Game Maker! By the end of the book, you’ll know your work area much better, know how to create a solid game engine, know DnD, know basic GML and know how to polish your game properly. GMIndie even threw in some tips on how to distribute your games.” – Brian Fetcher
If you are interested in getting involved with GMIndie details can be found here.
- [GameMaker Tutorial] How to setup a simple slot machine reward system
- [GameMaker Tutorial] Drawing custom health bars with sprite parts
- GameMaker Studio 2 Annouces official Mac version in newly released 2.1 milestone
- GameMaker Studio 2 adding C# region type syntax code folding soon
- Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!! firms up release date to September 13th