As reported earlier on Game Maker Blog, the latest employee of YoYo Games, Mike Dailly, was publically announced earlier today. In the glog entry for this announcement, a link was provided to Dailly’s personal blog. Not so long ago, he made a blog entry there about his position (“Head of Development”), amongst other things. One piece of information contained within was the following:
“Of course on top of this, you also have the minis being playable on the PS3, which is really cool. This means we should be able to get Game Maker games onto the PS3 as well, although perhaps one day… a real PS3 Game Maker HD might even be on the cards… only time will tell – now how cool would that be?”
All PlayStation Network minis, which are the division of games Dailly noted PSPGM games would be headed to (which has been rumoured ever since the restrictions on Competition 05 entries were announced), are playable on PlayStation 3 as well as PlayStation Portable.
The idea of a Game Maker HD is also an exciting concept, though it’s merely speculation right now.
Image source: GiantBomb
- GameMaker Studio 2 adding C# region type syntax code folding soon
- Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!! firms up release date to September 13th
- [Tutorial] HTML5 games and Cross-Site Scripting (XSS)
- Total War: WARHAMMER 2 Pre-Order Free DLC brings Winter to the Old World
- Feedspot puts GameMaker Blog in top 50 Game Development Blogs