The contest which was open from the end of 2009 to March 30th this year attracted 489 entries. After all the games had been played by the YoYo team 67 were put through to the second round and the elimination process continued until the three prize winning games were picked from a top 15.
Second place, and $500, was awarded to LiamBarden’s Ninjammin Beat-jitsu whilst Nimbus Sky Princess by SwordsaintKyo scooped third place and $250. These games were the first Game Maker creations uploaded by their creators to their YoYo Games accounts.
Of the winning titles only the third-placed game can currently be played using YoYo Game’s Instant Play feature – I presume the creators of the second and first placed entries will re-upload them to take advantage of the recent Game Maker 8 Instant Play bug fix and added Chrome compatibility.
- [Post of the Month] End of an Era: GameMaker 1.X Sunset coming at end of July 2018
- [Made In GameMaker] PurpleBit Surfing Cow by Heavy Sheep Games
- [Indie Interview] Heavy Sheep Games with Luiz Gustavo
- [Made in GameMaker] GameDevDan vs Life Launches on Steam
- [Made in GameMaker] Bounce Rescue by Bitecore Studios