The competition was organised by Mark Overmars’ University of Utrecht and was open to individuals or teams of students in Dutch secondary level education.
In total 67 games were entered with 11 being awarded prizes in both general and specialised categories such as ‘best design’, ‘most humorous game’ and ‘most original game’ by the 5 member jury.
The best placed game was the top-down view Forest Lord (download .zip) in which you walk through a maze in a forest solving puzzles and eradicating enemies and freeing animals.
Games are written in a mixture of English and Dutch. A full list of prize winning games can be found on the CGC website (in Dutch).
- [Tutorial] HTML5 games and Cross-Site Scripting (XSS)
- Total War: WARHAMMER 2 Pre-Order Free DLC brings Winter to the Old World
- Feedspot puts GameMaker Blog in top 50 Game Development Blogs
- Albion Online: Calls out DDOS Criminals during Server Restart
- HumbleBundle for GameMaker: Studio 1.4