Company accounts, filed Friday, show that YoYo Games Ltd almost broke even after a loss of £180,000 in the previous year to October 31st 2008.
In January 2009 YoYo Games raised the price of the full version of Game Maker by $5 to $25. Although Game Maker registrations accounted for 90% of income in 2009 we don’t have access to the full accounts so can’t say whether this was the main reason for the change or if spending was reduced elsewhere.
These figures do not take into account the registration fees received for Game Maker 8 as this was not released until December 2009, however the offer of free upgrades to those registering in 2009 may have helped boost sales of the Pro version.
YoYo Games have recently been helped by a Regional Selective Assistance investment grant of £220,000 from Scottish Taxpayers – however will only effect accounts for 2010 (and possible beyond).
YoYo Games Ltd’s cumulative losses now stand at £428,006.
- [Post of the Month] End of an Era: GameMaker 1.X Sunset coming at end of July 2018
- [Made In GameMaker] PurpleBit Surfing Cow by Heavy Sheep Games
- [Indie Interview] Heavy Sheep Games with Luiz Gustavo
- [Made in GameMaker] GameDevDan vs Life Launches on Steam
- [Made in GameMaker] Bounce Rescue by Bitecore Studios