Earlier today YoYo Games announced the launch of the “YoYo Games App Store” from which Game Maker 7 for Mac can be downloaded.
However “App Store” has been registered as a trademark by Apple in the EU. In the United States the mark’s current status is listed as “An opposition is now pending at the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.” “App Store” is also listed as a Service Mark on Apple’s official list of trademarks.
Here is one of the three sections relating to the trademark application at the USPTO.
“IC 035. US 100 101 102. G & S: Retail store services featuring computer software provided via the internet and other computer and electronic communication networks; Retail store services featuring computer software for use on handheld mobile digital electronic devices and other consumer electronics. FIRST USE: 20080306. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 20080710”
A foolish and potentially dangerous oversight by YoYo Games?
- [Tutorial] HTML5 games and Cross-Site Scripting (XSS)
- Total War: WARHAMMER 2 Pre-Order Free DLC brings Winter to the Old World
- Feedspot puts GameMaker Blog in top 50 Game Development Blogs
- Albion Online: Calls out DDOS Criminals during Server Restart
- HumbleBundle for GameMaker: Studio 1.4