The highest rated game is currently Chawp! created by Ted Lauterbach and Brian Rodriguez with sounds from Matt Scorah and Ashley Gwinnell.
In this arcade game “made over the course of 4 days” you chop coloured lines which connect moving points. If you chop from close-range you inflict more damage but risk making a mistake. Lines appear in multiple colours and are easier to chop when you have selected the right colour.
It even has online highscores.
Other Game Maker entries:
- I Wanna Be The Boss by Neutron – design and control an end of level boss using a variety of weapons which will take on a computer controlled ship.
- Deathglare by Darshell – 3D stealth assassination.
- Jam Scrollin! by Nikc-Nack and Zargy Studios – glitchy platformer. Rate it less than 4 for a free chance to be accused of down-rating (perhaps we should stop mentioning GJ before the entirety of the YoYo Games forums migrate!).
- Freak by Electron – Grappling hook platformer. Comments suggest it too is glitchy.
- Shark Week by Samuel Garcia – Swim around eating fish whilst avoiding mines, torpedoes and living obstacles such as jelly fish.
- Dungeon Mapper by runewake2 [downloadable .rar only] – this isn’t complete nor is it a game. Dungeon Mapper is a utility created in Game Maker that enables the construction of dungeon worlds.
One game maker was noticeably absent however.
“Am gonna have to drop out. In a NALFirst [twitter hastag anyone?], the game I made is actually so crap I don’t want to release it. Think I’ll probably have to give it a good poke some time and see if I can salvage it.”
- GameMaker Studio 2 Winter Sale brings warm savings to developers
- [Giveaway] Deios 2 Steam Key Holiday Giveaway
- GameMakerBlog Levels up with new IndieDevHelp initiative
- [Indie Interview] uZombie made in GameMaker!
- [Giveaway] LetThemCome rewards GameMaker Community with chances to win free steam keys