- The deadline for entries into YoYo Games’ sixth competition has now passed. 239 games were uploaded and tagged with YoYoComp06. As part of the more transparent judging process taking place for this contest we should soon see the list of games that have been accepted for judging. The previous YoYo Games contest attracted almost 500 entries.
- Today is the final day to vote for the community favourite award in IndiePubGames’ (formerly 2BeeGames) latest competition. $5,000 is up for grabs for the game that receives the most votes and $100,000 will be awarded to the judge’s favourite. The entries include several Game Maker games (Remaddening and The Oil Blue are in there) though I have not had the time to go through them all to see which or how many.
- A couple of days ago Game Maker Community member time4dan launched a narrowly themed Real Time Strategy competition where entries must focus on “human evolution from Ape to Stone-Age Man”. There is a $250 (CAD) prize and the winning game will be sold with at least 60% of royalties being passed on to the game’s creator. If you decide to enter make sure you read through both the contest and the game rules carefully as there is quite a lot in there.
- [Post of the Month] End of an Era: GameMaker 1.X Sunset coming at end of July 2018
- [Made In GameMaker] PurpleBit Surfing Cow by Heavy Sheep Games
- [Indie Interview] Heavy Sheep Games with Luiz Gustavo
- [Made in GameMaker] GameDevDan vs Life Launches on Steam
- [Made in GameMaker] Bounce Rescue by Bitecore Studios