IndiePub Games have announced the 6 finalists and the community choice winner in their $105,000 game development competition. One of the finalists, Dustforce, described as an ‘acrobatic puzzle platformer’ by creators Woodley Nye and Lexie Dostal, is written in Game Maker. Gameplay trailer below.
Last year Game Maker games Climb to the Top of the Castle won a $10,000 first prize and Save the Planet won $2,500 for placing second in a community vote.
An aside: YoYo Games offered $1,750 of prizes in their sixth contest and attracted 276 entries. IndiePub put up $105,000, were open to all platforms, and yet only got 147 entries. Although the quality of games entered at IndiePub is above the YoYo average I still find it quite astonishing that so few people entered.
- Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!! firms up release date to September 13th
- [Tutorial] HTML5 games and Cross-Site Scripting (XSS)
- Total War: WARHAMMER 2 Pre-Order Free DLC brings Winter to the Old World
- Feedspot puts GameMaker Blog in top 50 Game Development Blogs
- Albion Online: Calls out DDOS Criminals during Server Restart