- Prizes in the NALGames contest at GameJolt have been improved. The winning game maker now gets a t-shirt and two games (or monetary alternative).
- In preparation for the Global Game Jam New York University are holding a Game Maker basics workshop next Wednesday evening. The event is aimed at total novices. Full details
- Game Maker 8 can now be purchased using Ukash. The payment method can be topped up at many shops so may be of interest to younger community members if they have been unable to upgrade using one of the other available upgrade methods.
- Jack Brockley has released a colourful patchwork image of his unfinished games.
- [Post of the Month] End of an Era: GameMaker 1.X Sunset coming at end of July 2018
- [Made In GameMaker] PurpleBit Surfing Cow by Heavy Sheep Games
- [Indie Interview] Heavy Sheep Games with Luiz Gustavo
- [Made in GameMaker] GameDevDan vs Life Launches on Steam
- [Made in GameMaker] Bounce Rescue by Bitecore Studios