This afternoon GameMaker 8.1.69 (PC only) was pushed out for distribution. The automatic updater built in to the recent GameMaker 8.1 release automatically prompts users to install the updated version of the software.
A large number of bugs have been fixed in what is the first update made using the new distribution system. An option has also been added to allow the new parameter checking system [gmc] to be disabled. This had caused some games created with Game Maker 8 to stop functioning, particularly those which accessed DLLs. Full details are at the official blog and in the release notes.
A number of users have reported problems with GameMaker Standard reverting to the free Lite version and throwing “license verification” error messages, a fix for these should be out “1st thing tomorrow” according to Mike Dailly.
- [Post of the Month] End of an Era: GameMaker 1.X Sunset coming at end of July 2018
- [Made In GameMaker] PurpleBit Surfing Cow by Heavy Sheep Games
- [Indie Interview] Heavy Sheep Games with Luiz Gustavo
- [Made in GameMaker] GameDevDan vs Life Launches on Steam
- [Made in GameMaker] Bounce Rescue by Bitecore Studios