A shortlist of 20 games has been drawn up for the 2011 Creative Game Challenge. Water was the theme for the second annual game development competition for Dutch high school students organised by Mark Overmars’ Utrecht University.
All games entered in to the competition were made using YoYo Games’ Game Maker software. With 113 teams submitting entries there was a lot of variety in both the types and quality of games that were entered.
9 prizes worth a total of â‚¬7,500 will be awarded at a ceremony on June 24th.
The shortlisted games are:
- The Way Of Water
- City of the Duce: the Search for Water [right]
- Water galaxy
- Arctic War
- Water Kingdom
- Cpt Black
- The Spirit of Water Aer
- Shell seeker
- New Life
- The Rescue Of The Elements
- The Last Drop
- Aqua War
- MicroWave Man
- Joe Hopkins, search for more
- [Post of the Month] End of an Era: GameMaker 1.X Sunset coming at end of July 2018
- [Made In GameMaker] PurpleBit Surfing Cow by Heavy Sheep Games
- [Indie Interview] Heavy Sheep Games with Luiz Gustavo
- [Made in GameMaker] GameDevDan vs Life Launches on Steam
- [Made in GameMaker] Bounce Rescue by Bitecore Studios