The first public version of StencylWorks was released at the start of the month. The free StencylWorks game creation tool has been in development for at least 4 years. Originally Stencyl was intended to be an open source engine to easily develop Java games, however it was repositioned before release as a Scratch-like blockbuilder. StencylWorks now uses ActionScript libraries to create Flash-based games and iOS support is on the way. ReadWriteWeb
Indiepinion have posted an interview with Jason Gordy and Matthew Griffin, creators of the recently released Role Playing Game Wanderlust: Rebirth. In the interview the Wanderlust duo discuss the development of the game and the reasons behind their decision to use Game Maker.
GameMaker 8.1 Standard has now increased in price to $39.99. The same price also applies to Game Maker for Mac.
- GameMakerBlog in Top Ten of Top Gaming Blogs to Follow in 2018
- GameMaker Studio 2 Winter Sale brings warm savings to developers
- [Giveaway] Deios 2 Steam Key Holiday Giveaway
- GameMakerBlog Levels up with new IndieDevHelp initiative
- [Indie Interview] uZombie made in GameMaker!