The first public version of StencylWorks was released at the start of the month. The free StencylWorks game creation tool has been in development for at least 4 years. Originally Stencyl was intended to be an open source engine to easily develop Java games, however it was repositioned before release as a Scratch-like blockbuilder. StencylWorks now uses ActionScript libraries to create Flash-based games and iOS support is on the way. ReadWriteWeb
Indiepinion have posted an interview with Jason Gordy and Matthew Griffin, creators of the recently released Role Playing Game Wanderlust: Rebirth. In the interview the Wanderlust duo discuss the development of the game and the reasons behind their decision to use Game Maker.
GameMaker 8.1 Standard has now increased in price to $39.99. The same price also applies to Game Maker for Mac.
- Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!! firms up release date to September 13th
- [Tutorial] HTML5 games and Cross-Site Scripting (XSS)
- Total War: WARHAMMER 2 Pre-Order Free DLC brings Winter to the Old World
- Feedspot puts GameMaker Blog in top 50 Game Development Blogs
- Albion Online: Calls out DDOS Criminals during Server Restart