- GameSalad, a Mac-only easy iPhone game creation tool, has added support for HTML5. HTMLGrind, VentureBeat
- We are yet to see a working example of a GameMaker created HTML5 game so can not be sure how its performance will compare with a PC, iOS or Android GameMaker game. At the Scirra Forums some benchmarking tests have been run on Construct in which the performance of HTML5 run in Internet Explorer 9 was almost as good as the desktop equivalent.
- Big investment in social gaming with rumours surrounding EA and Google
- [Post of the Month] End of an Era: GameMaker 1.X Sunset coming at end of July 2018
- [Made In GameMaker] PurpleBit Surfing Cow by Heavy Sheep Games
- [Indie Interview] Heavy Sheep Games with Luiz Gustavo
- [Made in GameMaker] GameDevDan vs Life Launches on Steam
- [Made in GameMaker] Bounce Rescue by Bitecore Studios