Today the GameMaker Affiliate (GMA) program was officially closed. When I acquired this blog, Philip mentioned that the GMA network was not particularly well-built, and that it may contain security flaws. As I didn’t create it myself, I’m unable to improve or maintain the service for longer, and nor do I wish to if it poses a risk to the site as a whole.
While millions of legitimate banner impressions were served through GMA, the free service was also easily exploited. This created a requirement to moderate participating users, images, and links, which proved to be a time-consuming process. By discontinuing the GameMaker Affiliate program, I can focus more on sourcing news, and further improving the site’s stability and integrity.
If anyone would like to create their own affiliate service, I would encourage it. The program did help hundreds of GameMaker sites connect with each over several years, but unfortunately it can no longer be hosted at the Game Maker Blog.
- [GameMaker Tutorial] How to setup a simple slot machine reward system
- [GameMaker Tutorial] Drawing custom health bars with sprite parts
- GameMaker Studio 2 Annouces official Mac version in newly released 2.1 milestone
- GameMaker Studio 2 adding C# region type syntax code folding soon
- Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!! firms up release date to September 13th