Legend of Iya (pronounced Ee-yah) has raised over $75,000 on the popular crowdfunding website Kickstarter. Made entirely in GameMaker 8.1, the project has been in development for a decade according to Andrew Bado, the sole developer. Legend of Iya is a 2D story-driven platformer game centered around a young protagonist who unknowingly finds herself lost in a fantasy world. The game is set for release on Windows (with Mac, Ouya, and Linux ports planned) around the end of 2014.
Kickstarter has proven to be a valuable fund-raising platform for GameMaker developers. Legend of Iya joins the growing ranks of GameMaker projects that have been successfully funded on Kickstarter.
- [Post of the Month] End of an Era: GameMaker 1.X Sunset coming at end of July 2018
- [Made In GameMaker] PurpleBit Surfing Cow by Heavy Sheep Games
- [Indie Interview] Heavy Sheep Games with Luiz Gustavo
- [Made in GameMaker] GameDevDan vs Life Launches on Steam
- [Made in GameMaker] Bounce Rescue by Bitecore Studios