One of the sites I promised to take a look at quite a while ago now was GMLScripts.com. Each month a script from GMLScripts is featured in MarkUp, and the site was also suggested for mention by a reader of this blog.
GMLScripts currently contains over 100 scripts for use in Game Maker, and the number is rising as new scripts are frequently added. The scripts are well organised under categories and sub-categories and have good descriptions – crucial in enabling you to find a script quickly. The scripts, which are commented, can be viewed online or downloaded as a .gml file. The design is clean and very easy on your eyes, in fact their are no major problems with the site at all.
As with many sites GMLScripts is driven by its community who provide scripts for inclusion on the website. If you’re interested you can submit your own scripts to the database to help build up the resource for other Game Maker programmers.
I personally haven’t made use of GMLScripts.com when looking for help with a bit of scripting, my favoured method is normally Google search – but perhaps if enough scripts get added this can be the site people first think of when looking for a script.
- [Post of the Month] End of an Era: GameMaker 1.X Sunset coming at end of July 2018
- [Made In GameMaker] PurpleBit Surfing Cow by Heavy Sheep Games
- [Indie Interview] Heavy Sheep Games with Luiz Gustavo
- [Made in GameMaker] GameDevDan vs Life Launches on Steam
- [Made in GameMaker] Bounce Rescue by Bitecore Studios