Look what came through my door

on July 2, 2007 - 2596 Views

A print version of the MarkUp Game Maker magazine.

Above: Cover

Below: Double page spread, page 17 (on the right) featuring my review of Forted.

Oh alright, not really. It didn’t come through my door, but it does exist.

Also today http://markup.gmking.org was given a new design, but no YoYoGames branding….? And wait, no, surely not – the Game Maker Affiliation Service code is also gone.

10 Responses to Look what came through my door

1. […] played with the idea of a printed edition long ago (images sadly were hosted elsewhere) and at least one other Game Maker magazine looked at the […]

2. Phil Gamble says:

I’m not online 24/7 – I do have to sleep and go to school you know….
    I waited to see if it would be out, but it was never quite finished.
    Anyhow, I’ll get something written about it,… probably.

3. Grego says:

Public Life covered it agggges ago. Phil’s just slow on the uptake.

4. Leif902 says:

hey that’s alright, i’ll spam it on my site too if you want 🙂

5. Phil Gamble says:

I highly doubt there will ever be any serious demand, but I’d like one 😛 (just for show).

6. Grego says:

Well…as YYG and GM expands, so too might MarkUp. And maybe some day there will be demand for a printed copy.

It looks so sweet printed though. You can’t really appreciate it when looking at just a .pdf file.

7. Phil Gamble says:

Yes, were is the key word there.
    The cost makes it unviable when someone is always going to be able to knock up a free pdf.

8. Leif902 says:

Heh, very nice, I was gona do this to just to have one w/ my trig article, but the printing services around my area are awefull (or way to expensive)… It’d be cool if Markup could have a print version though, I wonder if you could get enough readers off the GMC to support it? (Probably not considering they’ll all wonder where the free online copies went)

– Leif

9. Eyas says:

In case phil hasn’t noticed, issue 5 is released.. and I thought I should spam it here.

10. Eyas says:

“A source tells me that GMKing are, or were, investigating producing a printed version of MarkUp.”
    -> “were” is the keyword.
    “My personal opinion is I doubt we’ll ever see anything happen, but you never know.”
    -> that makes two of us
    “And wait, no, surely not – the Game Maker Affiliation Service code is also gone.”
    -> soon, soon 😀