Broadcasting to the world a domain name you plan to register isn’t the brightest idea is it?
Not so when I am king of domains starting “GameMaker…” (GameMakerBlog.com, GameMaker.tv, GameMakerStream.com,
GameMakerTV.com, GameMaker.es, GameMakerNews.com, GameMaker8.com). GameMakerSchool.com has been added to my list.
Some of you will probably think this was a harsh move on my half and I’ll admit I do feel a little guilty. I first considered purchasing this domain earlier in the month but opted for others instead.
I believe there is real potential for a good quality Game Maker School, and I’ll admit it, ShadePlay23 has had quite a good go at it with over 150 members and 6,000 posts but his forum does seem to be spreading too much into the “GMC clone” stages. It has certainly been more successful than I thought this attempt would ever be.
I am still not sure that a forum is the best way to go about organising a school, sure there should be a forum for discussion but I can’t help feeling it would be more suitable to use a CMS designed for the purpose, specifically moodle. If anyone is interested there is a rather good moodle course introducing GameMaker by Darren Smith available at e-subjects.co.uk, in fact this course is included on my school’s implementation of moodle.
- GameMaker Studio 2 adding C# region type syntax code folding soon
- Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!! firms up release date to September 13th
- [Tutorial] HTML5 games and Cross-Site Scripting (XSS)
- Total War: WARHAMMER 2 Pre-Order Free DLC brings Winter to the Old World
- Feedspot puts GameMaker Blog in top 50 Game Development Blogs