At a risk of sounding like gmnews, Chronic has announced that member post counts will once again be implemented at the GMC (from effect immediately).
Since the current IPB powered GMC came into existence in 2003 there have never been public post counts. The previous eZboard forum did have post counts but a decision was made not to continue the feature. Now after 5 years it appears there has been a change of heart, as Chronic puts it “Yes, we DO listen“. Although I don’t remember seeing anyone request this feature for the past 4 years.
Sadly everyone starts with a post count of 0 as of today, regardless of how many posts they have made at the GameMaker Community. Chronic also said that other changes may be coming.
I’ve no idea why they suddenly reintroduced the feature – perhpas YoYo hope it will encourage people to become more active at the newly rebranded forum.
Update: 5:33 PM GMT:
The GMC is now showing valid-looking post counts, making ragarnak the most active forum user with over 11,000 posts.
- [Post of the Month] End of an Era: GameMaker 1.X Sunset coming at end of July 2018
- [Made In GameMaker] PurpleBit Surfing Cow by Heavy Sheep Games
- [Indie Interview] Heavy Sheep Games with Luiz Gustavo
- [Made in GameMaker] GameDevDan vs Life Launches on Steam
- [Made in GameMaker] Bounce Rescue by Bitecore Studios