Game Maker 7 for Mac, which has been in beta for over a year, has had its development “delayed indefinitely”. Progress over the last year has been slow but this is the first official word on its status for a long time.
“Sorry to bring bad news, but our Mac Developer has resigned this morning with pretty much immediate effect. The existing beta has expired and there is little point in releasing another candidate as there is nobody to deal with bug reports. There are still too many bugs, so until we know how and when we can complete the project, we’ve taken the painful decision to temporarily suspend our plans to produce a Mac version of Game Maker. We’ll keep you updated with developments as soon as we have any news.
Anyone with extensive experience with Lazarus development and a good understanding of OpenGL should feel free to contact us at yoyogames.mojohelpdesk.com.”
-Sandy Duncan, YYG blog
- [Tutorial] HTML5 games and Cross-Site Scripting (XSS)
- Total War: WARHAMMER 2 Pre-Order Free DLC brings Winter to the Old World
- Feedspot puts GameMaker Blog in top 50 Game Development Blogs
- Albion Online: Calls out DDOS Criminals during Server Restart
- HumbleBundle for GameMaker: Studio 1.4