The question remains: Would you like GM8 now with Softwrap, or wait 3-4 months for GM8 with no Softwrap? The official poll has been posted on the GMC which allow users to have their say in the matter. As Sandy mentioned on the official glog, it will take the approximately 3 to 4 months for YoYo Games to implement their own registration system. If the Game Maker Community is in favor of keeping Softwrap, Game Maker 8 should be available before 2010. Otherwise, GM 8 will not become available until March 2010 or later.
The situation is pretty simple. Game Maker 8 is pretty much finished. Mark has taken a few days vacation to do a few small fixes and we’ll be happy that we can release the product. BUT we can only do this quickly if we use Softwrap again.
Again, voting can be done at the Game Maker Community.
- GameMaker Studio 2 Winter Sale brings warm savings to developers
- [Giveaway] Deios 2 Steam Key Holiday Giveaway
- GameMakerBlog Levels up with new IndieDevHelp initiative
- [Indie Interview] uZombie made in GameMaker!
- [Giveaway] LetThemCome rewards GameMaker Community with chances to win free steam keys