The question remains: Would you like GM8 now with Softwrap, or wait 3-4 months for GM8 with no Softwrap? The official poll has been posted on the GMC which allow users to have their say in the matter. As Sandy mentioned on the official glog, it will take the approximately 3 to 4 months for YoYo Games to implement their own registration system. If the Game Maker Community is in favor of keeping Softwrap, Game Maker 8 should be available before 2010. Otherwise, GM 8 will not become available until March 2010 or later.
The situation is pretty simple. Game Maker 8 is pretty much finished. Mark has taken a few days vacation to do a few small fixes and we’ll be happy that we can release the product. BUT we can only do this quickly if we use Softwrap again.
Again, voting can be done at the Game Maker Community.
- [Post of the Month] End of an Era: GameMaker 1.X Sunset coming at end of July 2018
- [Made In GameMaker] PurpleBit Surfing Cow by Heavy Sheep Games
- [Indie Interview] Heavy Sheep Games with Luiz Gustavo
- [Made in GameMaker] GameDevDan vs Life Launches on Steam
- [Made in GameMaker] Bounce Rescue by Bitecore Studios