People who pirate Game Maker are not welcome at YoYoGames.com. That is the message given by Sandy and Mark Overmars in a post on the YoYo Games blog earlier today.
Previously Sandy had said “The money we make helps to pay the bills, so buying Game Maker 8 whether you bought GM5 and have upgraded twice for nothing, ripped off GM7, paid for GM7 on or before December 31st, run a crack of GM6 or GM7 that you never paid for, or are just NEW round here and want the latest version…you are all part of the community and we would REALLY welcome $25 from you if you want to use the full version of Game Maker 8.”
Sandy also revealed that 90% of the company’s income comes from people upgrading their copy of Game Maker and justified the use of Softwrap through its low cost which works in the vast majority of cases.
- [Tutorial] HTML5 games and Cross-Site Scripting (XSS)
- Total War: WARHAMMER 2 Pre-Order Free DLC brings Winter to the Old World
- Feedspot puts GameMaker Blog in top 50 Game Development Blogs
- Albion Online: Calls out DDOS Criminals during Server Restart
- HumbleBundle for GameMaker: Studio 1.4