People who pirate Game Maker are not welcome at YoYoGames.com. That is the message given by Sandy and Mark Overmars in a post on the YoYo Games blog earlier today.
Previously Sandy had said “The money we make helps to pay the bills, so buying Game Maker 8 whether you bought GM5 and have upgraded twice for nothing, ripped off GM7, paid for GM7 on or before December 31st, run a crack of GM6 or GM7 that you never paid for, or are just NEW round here and want the latest version…you are all part of the community and we would REALLY welcome $25 from you if you want to use the full version of Game Maker 8.”
Sandy also revealed that 90% of the company’s income comes from people upgrading their copy of Game Maker and justified the use of Softwrap through its low cost which works in the vast majority of cases.
- [Post of the Month] End of an Era: GameMaker 1.X Sunset coming at end of July 2018
- [Made In GameMaker] PurpleBit Surfing Cow by Heavy Sheep Games
- [Indie Interview] Heavy Sheep Games with Luiz Gustavo
- [Made in GameMaker] GameDevDan vs Life Launches on Steam
- [Made in GameMaker] Bounce Rescue by Bitecore Studios